Happy New Year everyone!! I finished 2013 as a bad blogger! I’m sure past brides can understand, once it gets down to crunch time (as in 2 months until your wedding!) it’s hard to think about anything else.
It’s officially 23 days away from my wedding. I can’t believe it! When they tell you it goes by so quickly, they ain’t lying (I’m southern y’all!)! My amazing bridesmaids keep asking if they can help me do anything but honestly, there isn’t much else to do but walk down the aisle. But yet I have that mind frame that I have so much to do which causes me to have anxiety attacks. Literally!
The past few months I’ve been trying other makeup lines to see if I can add more to my work kit. My goodness has it been fun!! I have a LONG list in ‘Notes’ on my phone of goodies I want to get. While playing with new makeup over the winter months, my skin got ridiculously dry! I never thought that it could happen because I’ve been battling adult acne for a couple of years now. I was prescribed Epiduo from my dermatologist so it has helped keep the oil and blemishes at bay. But this year, my skin has been FLAKING! Since my wedding is so soon, I had to find something to smooth my skin back out without breaking me out. But of course, like switching to any new product, your skin has to get used to it and 9 times out of 10 you’ll break out a bit. But give it time! And that’s something I’ve done.
Im listing some of my new favorite makeup and skincare products below. And did I mention they’re ALL reasonably priced?!
1. Oxygen Botanicals Hydrating Eye Cream – this stuff is like a miracle in a bottle! When having extremely dry skin it tends to get very sensitive. Especially around the eyes. This cream not only takes away the sensitivity but it doesn’t sting once applied like a lot of other products do. It has green tea, sweet almond oil, aloe, and vitamin A which helps with fine lines. And that it does!
2. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask – you should ALWAYS use a heavier moisturizer at night due to friction and to hold that moisture into the skin. this mask is meant to be used overnight. I wake up and my skin is the smoothest it’s ever been!
3. Oxygen Botanicals Super Hydrating Cream – Most people could use this as a night cream but my parched skin needs it for the day time! It is filled with Hyaluronic Acid, which is the most moisturizing ingredient for the skin. it makes my skin stay moisturized ALL day without getting that tight feeling. It also goes great under my primer and foundation.
1. Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray – I was very hesitant about this product since I already had MAC’s Fix + Spray. But in my opinion, this is WAY better! And it’s oil and paraben free! I don’t have to re-powder at all during the day!
2. Sigma Beauty Brushes – I will always say that MAC makes the best brushes. However, I’ve been watching many YouTube videos and artists on Instagram using these more and more. They are definitely more affordable than MAC and actually have a much bigger selection. I haven’t tried them yet but I just sent in to get my discount and once I start using them, I’ll let you know if they’re yay or nay! But I have high hopes. 😉
3. Morphe Brushes – I know the picture is of a palette but their main sellers seem to be brushes (hence the name!). Once again, these have also received great reviews and they’re even CHEAPER than Sigma! I will be trying them because the prices seem too good to be true. But I’ve researched everywhere and haven’t found one bad review! They’re palettes look beautiful as well so I can’t wait to try those in the next couple of weeks.
4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Waterproof Concealer – I tried this on whim thinking that I needed a good concealer that will stay put if (who are we kidding?! WHEN) I cry at our ceremony in 25 days. it says what it does… It stays put ALL day. Even through a few tears and contact issues! A must for all brides!
5. Tarte Braziliance Skin Rejuvinating Maracuja Face & Body Self Tanner – Goodness, that’s a mouthful! It’s so hard to find a good self tanner. I’ve tried so many over the years and I think I’ve found one I love. It comes with a mitt so your palms don’t get that dirty look even AFTER washing your hands. it’s also moisturizing since you can’t put on a body lotion beforehand. the formula is dark when applying so you can see if you have streaks anywhere. It’s great for these winter months when we tend to be pale!
1. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette – Do you know that I waited in line at Sephora the night this was launched?! It is probably my favorite Naked palette thus far. Why? Well, it’s very different than the first two as far as colors and you can’t go wrong with pinks and browns! They look great on everyone. I love the versatility that it offers. You can wear a light pink during the day and go glam with a black sparkle smokey eye at night!
2. Anastasia Dip Brown Pomade – After watching one of my favorite makeup artists on YouTube review this product, I had to have it! Talk about a brow “gel” that will last FOREVER! I use MAC’s 266 angled brush to apply this and you use very little product. Make sure to apply with light strokes. A little goes a long way! I still use a clear gel to keep my brows in place but honestly, you really don’t need to because it holds them in place on it’s own. I highly, highly recommend this product!!
3. Tarte Maracuja Creasless Concealer – I know this is the second concealer I’ve written about but this is a great one as well. A little goes a very long way with this one. my other favorite thing about this concealer is that it’s great for dark circles because it brightens the area if you set it with a translucent powder by patting the powder on with either a stippling brush or beauty sponge (that way it won’t move the concealer out. It will hold it under your eyes!).
4. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation – I decided to try this when I felt like my MAC Pro-Longwear foundation was making my skin have that tight, dry feeling. This is like a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. I love that you don’t have to use a lot to cover your entire face. And the coverage is an A+. It’s kept my skin feeling moisturized throughout the day but not make me oily at all!!
I hope you’ve learned a few fun things. I’m a product junky and love reading reviews and peoples thoughts on them. Hopefully I’ll get one more post in before my big day…. 😉