Because babies have thin and vulnerable skin, many parents are very concerned about healthy baby skin care.
As a child, the baby’s skin is extremely sensitive, which can cause rashes and allergies many times if not properly cared for. Let’s learn how to care for your baby’s skin with us
Baby skin care
Parents should use natural products and do not have any chemical additives that are harmful to their skin, because their skin has the following characteristics:
- Very thin and vulnerable;
- It takes time to adapt to the surroundings;
- Baby’s skin faces many problems like diaper rash, chemicals in soap and shampoo;
- Prone to skin allergies in the first few months
Proper care will help your baby have healthy skin. Here are a few methods:
Parents should use shampoo and shower gel hypoallergenic. Wash your baby’s face with warm water and bathe her in a warm place. You should turn off the air conditioner and fan so your baby doesn’t feel cold.
Remember not to try any new products on your baby’s skin or use antibacterial soap because they’re so strong. Ideally, you should wipe your baby with a cotton towel gently to minimize scratches.
You need to be careful when choosing powder. Choose products for babies, avoid fragrant straws and other chemicals because they can irritate the skin. It is best to avoid using talcum powder on the diaper area as this can lead to future complications or infection.
Mattresses and diapers
Diapers are an indispensable item for children at night or when going out. However, there are certain types of diapers that can cause skin irritation and rash or infection so it is best to change the diaper immediately.
If you see skin showing signs of irritation, choose a different type of diaper. Remember to change as soon as your baby’s diaper is dirty, because too long it may cause an infection.
Rash rash usually occurs because your baby is wearing a wet diaper for too long, too tightly, or by using inappropriate washing powder. Most babies tend to have a rash, so you need to take some precautions to avoid this condition:
- Change nappies right after getting wet. After using a washcloth, sprinkle a little powder to keep the baby’s skin dry and clean;
- Most skin rash in children is not a serious problem, very few show signs of infection and require special care. If you find the rash is severe, take your baby to the pediatrician for immediate treatment.
Many babies have birthmarks (areas of slight discoloration) and the condition is not inherited. Parents do not need to worry about birthmarks because they are completely harmless to the baby and do not require treatment.
- Eczema is a form of itchy and red rash that occurs due to many causes. It often appears on a baby’s face, elbow, arm or behind the knees and chest. If someone in your family has allergies, asthma or atopic dermatitis, they are at risk of this disease. You just need to use a gentle shower gel to wash your baby.
- Some babies have acne. However, they are not the same as puberty acne . If this continues, take your baby to the doctor.
If your baby has dry skin, use a natural moisturizer to increase moisture, making the skin soft and supple. Coconut oil is a smart choice.
- Avoid showering your baby too often as this can wash away important nutrients on the skin.
- At the first month, use a sponge to gently wipe your baby two or three times a week. This will keep the baby clean but still protect the skin from losing natural moisture.
- Use skin care products for babies. Be careful if your baby is allergic to any products such as shower gel, shampoo and lotion.
Skin care tips for babies
Newborn skin is very sensitive and so is the immune system.
- Babies should not be exposed to sunlight until 6 months of age. Let your child wear long sleeves, pants and a hat to protect the baby’s delicate skin;
- Make sure that the newly bought outfit must be washed clean before letting your child wear it;
- Hot weather often causes sweating in the armpits, skin folds and diaper area. You should wear loose-fitting clothes and create a cool environment to avoid heat rash;
- Chemical cleansers, talcum powder and some baby products can cause skin irritation and rashes. You should try to use organic products to protect your baby’s skin from infections or allergies.
Through the above sharing, hope that you understand more about how to care for your baby’s skin. Remember that your baby’s skin is very sensitive, so you need to have proper care.