2012 was an amazing memorable year for Lauren and I. We moved from Charlotte to Cornelius so we both could be closer to home and so both of us could work 5 days a week. How could we say no to our adorable little Dollhouse?! 2012 was a big year for my dear best friend and business partner… She became a wifey!!! She was the most beautiful bride and I feel so lucky to be a part of her big day. And my significant other and I added to our family the sweetest little cockapoo we named Lucy! We rescued her from the Humane Society of Charlotte. You can check out Lucy’s story with her brother (Dave!) HERE on my good friend Sarah McGraw’s site. She took the most beautiful photo’s of my four-legged kiddo’s and I’ll be forever indebted to her!
My New Year’s resolution usually consists of only one thing…. Getting back into shape after slacking miserably during the holidays! But this year I added something else to it. I promised to myself that I would start posting more (at least once every two weeks!) on our website and work on getting Dollface’s name out there for all of Greater Charlotte to see! A few fun things are in the works but we’ll talk about those when the time comes.
For this first post of the year, I thought I would just share a few of my favorite things at the moment. I find these blog posts to be very “generic” amongst bloggers but hey, it’s a great way to promote items that you love and maybe someone will find those things equally as awesome!
1. Aveda Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair – Even though I’ve gone darker recently, my hair is still in MAJOR need of repair from all the blonde and bleach I’ve put in my hair over the years. I want my air to be long and lustrous like the next girl and I’ve gone through so many damage repair hair products and this one has helped significantly! Especially in these winter months when hair tends to get super dry. Every stylist has warned me not to put too much protein in your hair or else it will break off (I made that mistake a few years ago!). This has the perfect amount of all-natural quinoa and wheat proteins and essential oils to keep your hair healthy and moisturized even after heat styling and chemical treatments!
2. Control Corrective Gentle Facial Wash – Lauren found this brand and I’m so glad she did! We have started incorporating some of their products into our facials at Dollface. This cleanser is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin type. More oily skin types will also love it because it suds up very well leaving you with that squeaky clean feeling!
3. The Lumineers – After seeing these guys open for Dave Matthews Band in December, I’ve been in love! It’s one of the few albums that I can listen in it’s entirety. In many of these songs, the drummer just uses a kick drum while playing the tambourine. It’s a feel-good, refreshing album.
4. MAC Lipstick in “Pink Pearl Pop” – I’m OBSESSED with this color!! It goes with everything! It’s a perfect, bright, blue-ish pink with a soft, creamy sheen. Top it off with a little Flusterrose Lustreglass for a sultry pout!
5. The Atlanta Falcons – I was born in the great city of Atlanta, GA but grew up in the also great Charlotte, NC. I call Charlotte my home however, I will forever be a Georgia Peach therefore I am a loud, and proud Falcons fan! 2012 was our year and here’s to 2013! RISE UP!!!!
Until next time…